Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Introduction

Did you immediately start Googling the World Cup 2010 qualifying schedule when the U.S. crashed out to Ghana? If so, this blog is for you.

From now until 2010, I intend to chart the progress of the prospective U.S. men's national team members. I am learning about these guys as I go along, relying on sources as diverse as the N.Y. Times, the Chattanooga Free Press, the North Jersey Record, and Yanks-Abroad.com to identify potential players. From there, I intend to do my own research on club web sites as well as soccer news web sites (domestic and international) to come up with occasional progress reports on each player, until we can safely eliminate them from contention for the team.

We'll see how it goes. This is perhaps my self-medication for the six hour void the end of the World Cup has left in my day. It is also an exercise in forcing myself to keep tabs on MLS games and keep track of Premiership football (as well as the Dutch First Division, the French First Division, the Norwegian First and Second Divisions, and the English Third Division (known as League One)).

Any suggestions are appreciated, as are comments. If I say something stupid, let me know.

Thanks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?