Friday, May 18, 2007

 

More Gold Cup and Copa America

At halftime of the MLS game last night, Bob Bradley indicated a "handful" of players would be playing both the Copa America and the Gold Cup.

Keeping the structure and rules of my earlier post intact, permit me to make a slight alteration to my predicted Copa America team (I'm sticking with my Gold Cup guess):

Kasey Keller, Free (GK), Jonathan Bornstein, Chivas USA (DEF), Chris Albright, Los Angeles Galaxy (DEF), Jimmy Conrad, Kansas City Wizards (DEF), Bobby Boswell, DC United (DEF), Ricardo Clark, Houston Dynamo (MID), Pablo Mastroeni, Colorado Rapids (MID) Kyle Beckerman, Colorado Rapids (MID), Justin Mapp, Chicago Fire (MID), Bryan Ching, Houston Dynamo (FWD), Taylor Twellman, New England Revolution (FWD).

Reserves:Matt Reis, New England Revolution (GK), Brad Guzan, Chivas USA (GK), Wade Barrett, Houston Dynamo (DEF), Todd Dunivant, New York Red Bull (DEF), Michael Parkhurst, New England Revolution (DEF), Marvell Wynne, Toronto FC (DEF), Brad Davis, Houston Dynamo (MID), Brian Carroll, DC United (MID), Ben Olsen, DC United (MID), Nate Jaqua, Los Angeles Galaxy (FWD), Kenny Cooper, FC Dallas (FWD), Chris Rolfe, Chicago Fire (FWD).

The handful of players on both rosters include Kasey Keller, Pablo Mastroeni, Justin Mapp, and Matt Reis. If I had to bet, I'd probably strike Hill and Jemal Johnson from the Gold Cup roster and include Ching and Twellman on both, but I'm not officially making the change because I want to see both of the Europe-based forwards play.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?